Wednesday, August 29, 2012

How to repair your broken face powder and blushes

Don't you hate it when this happens?


Over a week ago, my Maybelline Shine-Free Cake Powder and F21 Duo Blush-on fell and shattered into bits.  I really love these two products since they are very compact, lightweight and they fit perfectly in my pouch.  But since I didn't want these items to be put to waste, I decided to repair / save them.
This is very easy and simple to do, these are all you need : a toothpick with a flat end tip and empty sifter jars.

Another commonly used way  you can repair your broken blushes or face powder is by RePressing with the use of alcohol. But as for me, I'm gonna create my own loose pigment product out of these broken and shattered bits.

First up, what you need to do is get your toothpick and  break up the remaining chunks of the blushes or face powder. Then with the flat tip of the toothpick, just continue pressing on to create that even powder-like consistency. Once you've reached your desired consistency, transfer them all in a clean sifter jar.  And voila, you're all done!




You can also use this simple technique to your broken eyeshadow palettes or bronzers.
 So, here's what it looks like when done.

Enjoy applying with a brush!


No comments:

Post a Comment